Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekly Beats 2014 - Week 03! I Recorded Something!

Okay, so I have barely any actual recording experience, and I just got my first two mics (SM57/58) like a week ago (should have bought a pair YEARS ago, not sure why I waited so long), so trying to record something for weekly beats was a terrible idea, and waiting until 4 hours before the deadline to even START was even more of a terrible idea. And my 1 bedroom apartment isn't the most ideal place for recording, what with ambient noise and all (central heating, computer fans, fiancé cooking dinner in the kitchen). That being said, I'm not entirely disappointed with how it turned out. Gotta get experience somehow, right? And I made it! With 8 minutes to spare! *phew*

[url=https://soundcloud.com/ryanleber/sets/weekly-beats-2014]Full Set (and Revisions) on SoundCloud![/url]
Made with/on/by/through:
- Logic Pro
- My new microphones! (Actually, just the SM57)
- Scarlett 2i2 (my USB audio interface)
- Some beer, towards the end. (It gets a bit sloppier ... can you tell?)
- My Taylor acoustic guitar, and me playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment